Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Green Spots and White Spots


A couple of things we tried to blame on the painters were comical.  In each case it must have taken a lot for the head guy to keep a straight face as he set us straight.

The first such incident occurred shortly after this never-ending project began.  The day before they had power-washed the siding.  It was humid and muggy, as Washington weather often is.  The next day as I went out to look around I found green dots everywhere, almost as if the concrete and stone walkway had green measles.  I asked Luis if the substance they had sprayed on the siding could have caused all the green spots.  He let me know if was only MILDEW.

Over the past weekend we prepared a punch list of all the things that needed to be finished or rectified.  Things like spots of white paint on the basement stairs and rug.  And those little white spots of paint all over the driveway, the stone walkway, and even the concrete apron around the back of the house.  How could they have spilled paint there?  Today he asked me to show him such a spot on the driveway.  Then he politely gave credit to the BIRDS.

I’m sure he thinks we are incredibly stupid for many reasons.  But these two certainly did make me feel like a fool.

I think (with fingers crossed) that this is the final day of the painting project.  The last two rooms have been painted.  The punch list is being punched.  I’m counting down to when I can truly reclaim my house.  I hope between now and then I will not make any further blunders.

5 Comments:

Blogger Pauline said...

Oh I am sorry this is at your expense but I had to laugh out loud at the things your paint splotches turned out to be. Can't wait to see pictures of the changes - if you'll still show me now that I've laughed at you

4:45 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Pauline -- Pictures are forthcoming. It's like living in a whole new house!

10:40 PM  
Blogger Steve Reed said...

Funny! I'm sure they hear all sorts of things from clients. You're probably not the first. :)

6:14 AM  
Blogger Reya Mellicker said...

I'm sure the painters have heard many many many many comments far crazier than yours. You probably amused them.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

I'd imagine they've heard a lot worse. They've got to have pretty thick skin to go into other people's houses and make such drastic changes.

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home