Wednesday, May 05, 2010

House Tour


Welcome to the NEW 5816 Dawes.  Now that the painting project is done, I can say it’s like living in a new house.  I have to pinch myself when I look at a deeply colored wall that used to be off-white.  So here is the promised house tour.



This is the living room with the little lady (on the end of the mantle) who inspired the color.  She was a gift to me from a student I tutored in algebra about 45 years ago.





Jake likes the color and the new rug in my office upstairs.



The dining room now has crisp clean chair rails.



The deck once again looks like natural wood (after mistakenly being painted redwood 8 years ago) and the deck furniture is stained a darker color.



The kitchen is warm and inviting with its red wall.



The chile posters have to stay now that they set off the teal wall between the kitchen and family room.



David's office is a lovely color and the best news is you can see the surfaces of the furniture because the painting inspired a massive clean-up.



The hallway to the side door is clean and unmarred once again.



Even the bicycle area has a fresh coat of enamel.

That's all folks!

9 Comments:

Anonymous lr said...

Wow, it looks fresh and lovely everywhere. Enjoy your "new" house and congratulations on a job well planned and endured!

12:23 PM  
Blogger karen said...

Hi there. Just checking in, and how great to see the new home! It does look beautiful... Loved the flowers posted earlier, and I feel pretty much the same about the oil spill story - can hardly bear to think let alone write about it!

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It all looks so friendly and inviting! Love all the light. Congratulations to you both (and Jake)! I look forward to seeing it in person. :-) Thanks for posting the pix.

F.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

It looks like they did a really nice job on everything. The floors look wonderful and I especially like the red wall in the kitchen.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

Wonderful Barbara. It looks fantastic and it must be interesting to feel like you are in a fresh, new home.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Merle Sneed said...

It looks just great. Congrats on the "new" digs.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Steve Reed said...

Wow, the place looks great! I'm glad it turned out so well! It must feel like a whole new house.

Dave wants to paint some of our walls, too, and I'm waffling because I've always been a "white walls" person. But seeing this makes me think color might not be such a bad thing...

7:38 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Gorgeous, soothing colors! I have paint envy.

6:31 PM  
Blogger lacochran said...

Beautiful! It looks like they did an awesome job! I love it when a room is freshly painted.

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home