Friday, July 09, 2010

Oops!


It was 11 am when I realized I was supposed to be someplace downtown right then.  I was scheduled for a much-needed 90-minute massage and here I was still in my pajamas.  It was actually on my e-calendar, but the demands of the week had caused me to overlook it.
I called my massage therapist Dan to confirm that I was indeed missing my appointment.  As I offered to mail in payment for the time he had set aside for me, I regretted that I would simply have to wait for some other day to have the travel kinks eased out of my body.
I was getting a shower and had a head full of shampoo when Dan called back to say he had rearranged his appointments for the day and could now see me mid-afternoon if I wanted to come in.  Of course I did!
So thanks to some other client who was willing to switch appointments with me, I was able to experience 90 minutes of a very unique style of massage that is sort of a cross between traditional massage and physical therapy.  My hips, legs, and back especially were grateful for today’s session. 
How embarrassing to miss a scheduled appointment with no real excuse but stupidity.  But how nice of Dan to make up for my mistake.  Some things just have a way of working out.
What was the last big thing you forgot to do?

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

You have had a lot on your mind lately and stress contributes to short term memory loss... I have had a few mental blocks with work lately, not sending files that weren't really my responsibility to send but somehow pushed back on me. That sort of thing. It's not the end of the world, but it isn't me.

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home