Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Just pictures

There is not much to say in between these two photos of things that make me happy as I putter around the kitchen.  It's a day of making dog food, going to PT, practicing the piano, and reading Cry the Beloved Country for our book club.  It's a compelling read that speaks of a time of great sadness and unrest in South Africa's history.

And I must think about my offer to give my PowerBook G4 to Margalen's family and use my iPad as my home computer.  I'm thinking this would be a low-cost solution that leaves everyone with plenty of computing power.  The bigger challenge will be left to my husband to teach people with a third-grade education in another country how to use their first computer.

Maybe an afternoon walk in the cooler Fall weather to see the beginnings of color on the trees.  And to check out the carpet of acorns.

9 Comments:

Blogger Cyndy said...

Those photos provide a lovely contrast to this rather gray day. That is extremely generous for you to give away your computer to Margalen and her family.

2:51 PM  
Anonymous lr said...

Like your photographs brighten this gray day, Barbara, you bring joy to others on a regular basis!

3:12 PM  
Blogger e said...

I so love those flowers! Are they real? Sounds like a great day for you.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

E -- The flowers are quite real. I have a special place in my heart for sunflowers (as you can see from the pitcher). Each flower seems like a little face to me.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

Your day sounds lovely. And how wonderful to surround yourself with things that make you happy. sigh.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

...I have a thing for sunflowers too. We'll have to compare sunflower items some time.

11:17 PM  
Blogger karen said...

What stunning pictures... just beautiful! How is the spontaneous life coming along?

4:07 AM  
Blogger Steve Reed said...

I love days like that, when you can just putter around and consider things! I also love those colorful little gourds. I decorate with those every year. They just amaze me, how diverse and colorful they are.

I read "Cry the Beloved Country" about 25 years ago and unfortunately I don't remember a thing about it. I also read his other one, "Too Late the Phalarope."

7:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barrister Global Services Scams

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home