Thursday, January 20, 2011

SF Revisited





Thirty years ago tonight my water broke and I was launched into parenthood, a truly life-changing experience. We are in SF to celebrate our first-born's birthday tomorrow.

We spent the day walking and eating, doing enough of the former to justify too much of the latter. Our destination was the Sutro Baths when we boarded the 38 bus on Geary for the long ride to Land's End, which is literally just that. Our trekking took us to some beautiful spots along the coast.







At the end of the path, the Cliff House beckoned with the promise of a view and decadent food and drink.



We then took the 38 back to Union Street, where I bought a pair of happy socks.



This is just one of the many hills that make this city such an interesting place.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Post St,San Francisco,United States

6 Comments:

Anonymous lr said...

R and I met up with Jake on our walk this afternoon. What a surprise it was. He was quite gallant and seemed to be enjoying himself.

Beautiful pictures as always, I love the socks!!

Have a great time celebrating with your first born.

10:18 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

LR -- We were very fortunate to leave Jake in such capable hands. He is going to get spoiled by all those long walks!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Pauline said...

Love it when you take us along on your trips. I should think those happy socks will brighten your days! Happy Birthday to your first-born!

9:50 AM  
Blogger lacochran's evil twin said...

Looks like a wonderful trip! Enjoy!

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the socks! Gotta get me some.

Those hills are part of my DNA...and a very spiritual topography, in my experience.

You're being blessed with some fantastic weather on your trip!

Happy birthday wishes to yours!

XO,

F.

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Jessica said...

You're WAY too young to be the mother of a 30 year old :)

1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home