Thursday, January 05, 2012

HB to Me


I can’t sing the Beatles song quite yet, but I’m just one year short.  My birthday arrived quietly and found me sleeping in until awakened by a phone call at 9:30.  Did I ever even think I could sleep so late?
I was amazed to check my email and find it full of messages from people who use Facebook far more often than I do.  They were interspersed with greetings from people who just happen to know it is my birthday.  And there was an e-book gift from my daughter:  The Paris Wife: A Novel by Paula McLain.  A good way to start the day for sure.
Since it was so late, I figured I might as well eat brunch.  So I made the most delicious frittata -- eggs with shitake mushrooms, sweet red pepper, green onions, parsley, sour cream, and parmesan cheese.  
Tonight we will have dinner out with good friends and on Saturday a few more people will come help me blow out some candles.  But as with the recent holidays, this one is more about taking it easy than about setting off fireworks!

9 Comments:

Blogger lacochran's evil twin said...

Happy birthday!!

12:48 PM  
Blogger bozoette said...

Happy birthday! Don't forget to eat cake!

3:15 PM  
Blogger e said...

Happy Birthday Barbara! Let me know about the new book. Enjoy your cake and candles, too.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you are having a fantastic time even as I write this. xo

9:29 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Thanks, everyone! I had a wonderful, relaxing day with a great dinner at Kushi-Sushi with good friends. No cake today, but some fantastic sorbet.

11:33 PM  
Blogger karen said...

Happy Belated birthday to you!! Sounds like you had a great one :)

2:11 AM  
Blogger Steve Reed said...

I will echo my Facebook comment and say "Happy Birthday" once again! (Even though it's technically over by now.) That frittata looks great!

2:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So good to talk with you on your birthday! Sounds like you had a GREAT day. May this be a wonderful year!

F.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home