Thursday, December 29, 2005

Ajit Is My Hero

Here is the text of an e-mail message I wrote to Capitol Hill Yoga yesterday:

I have been plaqued forever with a strange gait caused by a slightly shorter right leg and a slight scoliosis. It seems to be more pronounced as I get older. In the last 10 days I have had considerable hip pain that I know is related to the way I walk.

I came to yoga today (to Ajit's class) to find that I was his only student. When he did the usual inquiry for aches and pains, I explained all this to him. He brilliantly developed a class just for me that focused on teaching me how to walk -- imagine that at almost 57! We did lots of hamstring stretching and hip openers and then I walked repeatedly around the room, learning just what it was that was causing me pain and imbalance.

As I have walked today at work, I have been aware of all the things he told me to look out for. When I do it right, my legs feel strong and I feel much more stable. What an unexpected payoff from early morning yoga!

I have been to countless doctors, chiropractors, physical therapists, you name it. But never has anyone attempted to TEACH me how to walk correctly. I am happy to say that I am pain-free right now and I am so delighted.

If Ajit's class is ever threatened with cancellation or if he isn't getting paid what he should be because of low enrollment, I will most happily subsidize because he really knows what he is doing!

Namaste!
Barbara

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

That's great. It makes me wonder how much modern medicine we really need for other stuff....

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home