Friday, June 30, 2006

The Perfect End to a Physically Stressful Week

A belly massage was just what my poor colon needed after being poked and probed earlier in the week. My in-home massage therapist came this afternoon and put me in 90 minutes of nirvana.

Lori is not one of those one-size-fits-all bodyworkers. Planning a massage with her is somewhat like ordering from a sushi menu. Today I asked for a large order of hands, feet, head, face, and belly in addition to the standard fare. I think I could have easily filled two hours of her time. It’s not like I am running into someone else’s appointment because this is a second job for her and she does at most 2 massages a day.

At first the idea of getting a massage in my home seemed bizarre. WHERE was the big question. We finally settled on our family room with skylights and lots of space. The sound system is there. The massage table simply replaces the coffee table in the middle of the room. With the dogs outside it is actually quite peaceful.

It had been well over a year since I had had a belly massage, so there was an amazing amount of tension in that area of my body. I could just feel my battered colon saying a big THANK YOU as she gently worked my entire stomach and internal organs. It’s soft and pliable now and much more relaxed.

My intention had been to have Lori come once a month. We’re already moving to every two weeks because massage is the form of therapy my body loves the most. This was definitely the perfect way to end a week that packed a wallop of stress to body, mind, and spirit.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mother of Invention said...

Just had my weekly massage yesterday! She does the regular back routine and the neck and shoulders. It's 45 min. and just a perfect carrot for the end of the week!

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home