Sunday, November 18, 2007

Just Like Peter Rabbit


I must say when I was a child I had a hard time understanding why Peter Rabbit got so sick after his escapades in Mr. McGregor’s garden. I couldn’t imagine drinking yucky camomile tea.

But after my experience with the cold yesterday I understood perfectly well how Peter must have felt. For the next 24 hours I nursed my body with tea and rest and felt like staying between the covers all day.

I even gave in and drank a glass of Airborne to ward off whatever seemed to be lurking close by. I call that an extreme measure.

Even though I always allied myself with Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cotton-tail, I still had an admiration for Peter Rabbit, who managed to get out of all sorts of scrapes in his adventures. I was always so happy when he made it home, only to be banished to bed.

The difference in a half century is that I now love camomile tea and can’t imagine anything better than being put to bed with a warm cup of tea.

It is nice to be feeling better once again. However, it was a lesson not to put my body in such a compromised position. Sitting out in cold weather just doesn’t agree with me.

5 Comments:

Blogger Foilwoman said...

Came here from Infinite Connections: I'm glad your feeling better, and yes, like a fine wine, Beatrix Potter has definitely improved and become more comprehensible with age. I'm not a cammomile tea fan, but when sick, tea with lemon and honey is my, if not cure-all, then definitely my feel-enough-better to cook dinner or toj ust get through the next few hours before collapsing in bed.

Nice to discover your blog.

8:07 AM  
Blogger riseoutofme said...

Ah yes ... the curative powers of tea! Glad you've warmed up and are feeling better.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Richard said...

Intolerance to cold is one of the things I dislike about aging. I am still fairly tolerant to cold (more so than most - except maybe Jason), but I feel it much more than when I was younger.

Hope you feel better soon.

And garlic soup for you.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Foilwoman -- Welcome! Come visit my Blog any time.

Meanwhile I'm back to full health and it feels good.

Rise -- Warmth is such a nice feeling.

Richard -- I have noticed a growing intolerance to cold with age. I can't stop getting older, so I suppose I must just dress more warmly!

8:26 PM  
Blogger bulletholes said...

I'm Peter Rabbit!

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home