Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Secret of Awesome: Reprise


I’m already missing cooking classes and he hasn’t even gotten on the plane yet.  But tomorrow chef Brock is off to Thailand for what promises to be another action-packed segment of his life.
Today he hosted a little farewell party for himself at Hill’s Kitchen so he could say goodbye to those of us who had grown to love his wit and culinary creativity.  Everyone who stopped by got a little take-out box filled with spicy Thai noodles and a chocolate cupcake with something very adult-tasting in the middle.  To wash it down there were endless mimosas.
As a parting gift I decided on a tee shirt with a phrase from the taco class.  Not that he is going to be making a lot of tacos in Thailand, but just because it seemed to characterize his cooking in general.
Part of Brock’s Thai adventure will be offering cooking classes in -- of course -- Thai cuisine.  It’s a package deal with an incredible price.  Check it out on his website.
I’m seriously thinking of going.  My daughter has volunteered to go along since the first series of classes will be during her school break.  I have some concerns about how I will manage with lots of walking and a hectic touring schedule, but I figure you only live once so why not take advantage of an opportunity like this?

4 Comments:

Blogger Pauline said...

Just do it!

6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto! You look so happy in this photo...:-)

F.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Pauline -- I'm planning to.

Anon F -- Brock's enthusiasm is contagious. I sensed I was happier than I had been in a while.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

What a great opportunity. Go. Go!

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home