Saturday, July 10, 2010

Filling up the family room



At 8:00 am this morning our family room was once again furnished.  In the pouring rain, the Hardwood Artisan delivery guys brought in the pieces we had purchased 3 months ago, which had been carefully crafted in their Woodbridge workshop.
Over a month ago our black leather furniture of 10 years ago had gone north in the UHaul with our daughter to be shared between her boyfriend’s NJ house and her Manhattan apartment.  Since then a single chair has allowed my husband to watch TV.  I have mostly hung out elsewhere waiting for our furniture to arrive.





The new furniture is both attractive and comfortable.  Jake immediately jumped up on the loveseat to join me, giving his full approval.
A modification may be necessary to level out my husband’s chair.  For now putting books under the rear legs has the same effect.





The rocking chair is the most comfortable thing I have ever sat in.  It will be perfect for reading.





It was all well worth waiting for.

8 Comments:

Blogger Cyndy said...

What beautiful furniture! I especially like the rocking chair.

12:29 AM  
Blogger Terry Grant said...

Beautiful!

2:21 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

How wonderful! The top pic is so gorgeous it looks like it came from a magazine.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Pauline said...

and it's so lovely!

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE your rocking chair! I've always had a rocker in my living space. I read, doze, contemplate, meditate, talk, write, eat, dream, and more in my rocker...

(Do you meet the worker who made your rocker, by any chance?)

Congrats!

F.

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Ginger said...

It looks great!

5:06 PM  
Blogger Kellyann Brown said...

Your room is so beautiful, I had to show Reza, he thought the furniture was stunning.

3:54 AM  
Blogger Steve Reed said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home