Saturday, July 24, 2010

Hot Hot Hot



After spending a week in western New York, it was a shock to get out of the car back home and experience the current heat wave.  
I had packed a long sleeve shirt, a sweat shirt, and a jacket, none of which had been necessary all week at Chautauqua.  But the temperatures were delightfully in the 80’s for the most part with a breeze off the lake and an occasional cool shower.
Those 15-20 additional degrees make this place feel like a blast furnace.  Even Jake slowly walked to the car when I picked him up this afternoon.  His energy seems gone.
I’m glad I have no reason to be outside tomorrow.  The air here seems hot and unhealthy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous lr said...

On our walks this week we talked about the heat and humidity, of course! But we also talked about the clarity of the air, which is unlike those miserable summers in the '80's when the pollution made me sick when I was outside.
I just checked the Alexandria City website for today's air quality and found it is yellow or moderate.
Welcome home, enjoyed vacationing with you again via your blog!

8:40 AM  
Blogger Rayna said...

Glad you had such a lovely vacation!

I was near Albany and it was a blast furnace there, too, last week. Heading into NY today - I can't even begin to imagine...

9:31 AM  
Blogger Merle Sneed said...

I've spent my life living in the heat, but nothing compares to DC in the dead of a summer heatwave. I'm hoping you get a break soon.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

I was supposed to walk 18 miles on Saturday; I didn't leave the house. Sunday, I got a little more adventurous and walked some with major A/C breaks in movie houses. It's just too hot outside.

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home