Monday, July 19, 2010

Deluxe Accommodations and a Jumble Challenge




Welcome to cabin #59, my practice home away from home. It is pure luxury compared to my first experience at Chautauqua.

Four years ago when I first came to participate in the adult chamber music program, there was a heat wave and I had an unair-conditioned cabin whose window could only be propped open by using a large stick or a tree branch. I always came out of a practice session dripping in sweat.

But this year I have an air-conditioned cabin which houses a lovely Steinway piano. Although a couple of keys in the lower register seem a little affected by the humidity, it is a tremendous improvement.



Today I had some personal practice time, followed by some time with Deborah. We're still plugging away on the Misek sonata, movement 3, which has the feel of a dance, or at least will when we learn to play it up to speed.




This afternoon I went to my first Scrabble class. I had solved the problem of the forgotten Scrabble board by buying a game at the bookstore, which we will contribute to the stash at our rental house.

More about Scrabble tomorrow, but I will leave you with 3 sets of tiles, each of which contains a Bingo:
AEILNOT
DIMNOSE
EIINRTM

The first person to correctly identify all 3 7-letter words gets a lovely large Chautauqua mug!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Miller Ave,Mayville,United States

6 Comments:

Blogger Cyndy said...

I got the first two right away. The middle one is stumping me.

11:32 PM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

My dyslexia was failing me there for a minute and then suddenly I started seeing latin and/or italian sounding words which I hope are okay because they are also used in English.

1. toenail
2. domines or misdone - I think these are words, but they're both kind of obscure.
3. termini was my first guess and then I thought of interim, which is probably a better choice.

If somebody comes up with a more normal sounding word for that middle one, they should get the prize - that's what I think.

That's so cool that they offer classes in how to play scrabble. And to have a vacation where there's time to play scrabble!

12:20 AM  
Anonymous trudy1 said...

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful and beneficial to your readers.
translation services company.

5:46 AM  
Blogger bozoette said...

Dang! Cyndy beat me to them.

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the practice cabin! Thank goodness for the AC, eh?

F.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Great job, Cyndy! I think my hit to the head must be getting to me. Couldn't think of a thing.

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home