Friday, July 23, 2010

Last Day




Today we awoke to a downpour that seemed like it would last forever. I suppose it was only fair since we had had almost perfect weather all week.

I trudged off to the farmer's market in the rain, only to find it was finally stopping as I got back home.

We were still left with wet roads and the mugginess of a Washington summer. But I hopped on my bike and rode over to cabin #59 to use the remainder of my practice hour. Deborah joined me after a while and we played to the very end of the piece we had been working on all week.

I headed back for the rest of the morning lecture by yet another expert on nuclear energy/terrorism. It has been a sobering week from that standpoint. There is so much at stake and so many ways things could go wrong.

After lunch Aunt Martha and I returned to the practice cabin for a last round of Brahms four-hand pieces. And that was the end of this year's music. No recital or performance to be nervous about.

Then it was time to clean out the refrigerator and start packing. It's raining again as we prepare to head home tomorrow. Another Chautauqua visit has come to an end.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Wythe Ave,Mayville,United States

3 Comments:

Blogger Cyndy said...

It sounds like your week just flew by. Have a safe trip home.

1:27 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

It's hard to believe the week's over already. It sounds like a great visit.

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us stow along! What a great week.

F.

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home