Sunday, July 18, 2010

Young Artist








After hanging out at a practice cabin this morning, I came back to 31 Miller on my bike. Just down the street on Bestor Plaza, a violinist was giving an impromptu concert.

I wandered down there to find it was a talented 11-year-old, the son of someone I had played chamber music with 4 summers ago.

Today this young artist was raking in the tips. I jokingly told his mother he should take them out to dinner.

What was amazing about this young violinist was the ease and fluidity with which he played. It was clear that he loved playing classical music.

This is the sort of thing that makes this place so enjoyable. Children can ride their bikes or hang out on the mall playing for tips with no parental worries. There is an overarching feeling here.

Enjoy the video (courtesy of my husband's new iPhone4 which loads easily to BlogPress).
YouTube Video
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Miller Ave,Mayville,United States

6 Comments:

Anonymous lr said...

Sigh...what an idyllic week you're having! Thanks for an armchair view.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Kellyann Brown said...

nice use of video capabilities!

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this place and I've never even been there! Thanks for sharing it with us. Among other things, I love the intergenerational creative mingling -- that's what I'm talkin' about!

F.

2:22 AM  
Blogger Steve Reed said...

It was great to be able to hear the violin kid! What was he playing -- do you know?

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Kathy Sellers said...

Thank you for the video. Jason was playing The Melodie from Orpheus and Eurydice by Gluck arranged by Fritz Kriesler. You heard the tail end.

Kathy (mom)

12:17 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

After three nights celebrating the arts and their role in the lives of young people, I fully appreciate the young musician and the fact that his parents have made it a part of his life. Very nice.

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home