Sunday, August 22, 2010

Not quite home





Despite my begging and pleading, Cathay Pacific could not get me on a flight home on Sunday, the day I arrived back in the US. But instead they gave me a night in the Westin Hotel and a voucher for food, which I have already exceeded by eating the most expensive chicken Caeser salad in history. I couldn't bear to throw out my leftovers, so I rummaged around for a plastic bag and found one so I can bring my lunch on what will inevitably be a flight without meal service. (Never underestimate the worth of a plastic bag.)

So instead of arriving at 00:23 on Monday, it will now be 17:45, a mere 17 hours later. It's a good thing I had no plans for Monday. This way my husband, who is arriving at 07:45 (don't even ask why we were booked on different flights), can retrieve Jake and maybe even go to the grocery store. He may run out of steam before retrieving me at Dulles.

It is nice to be back in a world of English and potable water...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:W Century Blvd,Los Angeles,United States

2 Comments:

Anonymous Brock said...

So wait, where are you?? LA? After spending the night in Hong Kong?

9:09 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Yep. I'm taking my time getting home, not by choice but by necessity. Not really so bad though. Miss you and Megan. Tell her HB for me. Thanks for everything!

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home