Monday, July 26, 2010

One More Traveler


My trip to Thailand is fast approaching.  I’m delighted to say my husband is now joining my daughter and me on this culinary tour of Thailand.
His persistent foot problems seem to be improving to the point where he can comfortably travel once again.  I’m sure this is a liberating feeling for him and welcome news for me, too.
The initial plan for this trip was a mother-daughter excursion to join a group of other people learning about Thai cooking.  Then no one else signed up for the trip, so it was just the two of us.  I’m glad Brock didn’t cancel the trip since we had already purchased our airline tickets.
I had suddenly realized how much I was going to miss all of the logistical and otherwise supportive help my husband has always provided when we travel.  In addition, there were so many things on the itinerary that would simply be nice to share with a significant other.
So we will now be a family group of 3 having a privately guided cooking trip through Thailand.  It will be nice to be able to be somewhat spontaneous if we all agree to deviate from the planned itinerary.  
My husband has already figured out what we must to do make our iPhones and iPads work in Thailand, something I will appreciate but was not looking forward to researching.  He will undoubtedly take on issues of electrical adapters and other technical things.  
I will continue to make my way through the suggested reading list provided by Brock.  I just finished “Sightseeing” by Rattawut Lapcharoensap, an intriguing collection of short stories set in Thailand.  
It’s exciting to look forward to traveling once again, even more so now that my husband can go along.

3 Comments:

Blogger lacochran's evil twin said...

Wonderful! Glad to hear he's feeling better.

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad he's feeling up for this. I'm guessing this is going to be a great trip for the three of you!

F.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Sounds like great company for a fabulous trip. I'm so glad you can travel together again.

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home