Friday, July 30, 2010

A Target Convert


I seem to have become somewhat crazed about finding the perfect suitcase to take to Thailand.  I’ve now bought and returned two to Marshall’s.  But tonight I discovered the world of Target, a lot more than suitcases.
I’ve promised myself that I will travel light this time.  After all I’m going to Thailand, a place that is the ultimate in heat.  I will mostly be living in shorts and tee shirts.  The only thing I will need long pants for is keeping off the mosquitos.  So after talking to a good friend today, I decided to take only a carry-on suitcase.  
She recommended one made by SwissGear, the same people who make Swiss Army Knives.  I found a 21” version at Target.  It weighs a mere 7.6 pounds, has wheels, and will probably hold everything I need to take.  
While there I wandered into the Juniors Department and fell in love with the Mossimo clothes.  I ended up buying a pair of soft cotton long pants and a lightweight cotton long-sleeve shirt.  The clothes were all stylish and were in colors that I like to wear.  How many years has Target been 5 minutes away and I am just now realizing I could do all my clothes shopping there!
The suitcase may be destined to be returned since my husband pulled two of similar size out of the attic.  But I will be back to shop at Target in the future for sure.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

Both the clothes and suitcase sound like great finds, even if you return the latter. I'm generally not a fan of the big box stores, but I do love Target. Can't help it. One of my friends jokes that they should just institute a $100 cover charge to visit because she can't leave without spending that much. I have to stick to a list and keep my head down in other departments; otherwise, my basket fills to overflowing.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Terry Grant said...

Oh Target! Proves the idea that good design does not have to be expensive. Think of all the stores that have tried and failed to do what Target has done. K Mart, Walmart---yuck and YUCK!

Target gets it right. Almost without fail. I am wearing Target p.j.s and robe as I type...

1:02 PM  
Blogger Rayna said...

I have stopped shopping at Target. read this:
http://joannemattera.blogspot.com/2010/07/blog-post.html

2:50 AM  
Blogger Merle Sneed said...

I like Target.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Steve Reed said...

Tar-zhay is terrific! I wonder how those clothes will hold up, though. I've bought a lot of household stuff there but I somehow have the idea that I can still get better clothes in a department store -- which may no longer be true.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Rayna -- I'm sorry to read about Target's contributions. What a bummer!

Steve -- I'm convinced that almost all clothes in most every store in the US are made in China, Indonesia, Cambodia, India, or a similar foreign country. The clothes I bought at Target seem to be as substantial as the clothes I buy at Nordstrom's, but at about 30% of the cost.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home