Sunday, July 25, 2010

Marimekko Take 2



Remember those big red flowers that I proclaimed my love for? Even I was finally persuaded that they were too big for the room. So the big flower cover was returned and for the past month I have been ordering more free samples from Bemz (the company that must make all of Ikea's slipcovers) and rejecting most of them.

The decorator we consulted had liked the print "Spinning Multi", but until this week when we got swatches that reflected all the many colors, we were unsure.






This morning I spread them out on the naked futon. Then I looked up to see the framed artwork from my son's bar mitzvah tee shirts and I realized how perfect Spinning Multi will be for the light yellow room.






We have finally reached consensus and the order has been placed. Now I must sit back and wait for the package to arrive from Lithuania.






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Dawes Ave,Alexandria,United States

5 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

Very nice! It looks like it'll be a great addition to the room.

11:54 PM  
Blogger Steve Reed said...

That's cool fabric! I love Marimekko. I had no idea it came from Lithuania, though. I thought it was Finnish?

9:59 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Steve -- The fabric is definitely Finnish. But the assembly of the slipcovers must be outsourced to a factory in Lithuania. If you look on a map, these places are all quite close.

I'm quite impressed with the whole operation. They have sent me numerous samples at no cost, even sending 6 swatches in the last batch so I could see all the colors. They took the first slipcover back with no hassle, charging me only for TNT, the international delivery service they use. They deliver when they say they will. That is definitely customer service.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

That will look great in there!

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Love the combo with your son's T-shirt! That room will be very alive.

F.

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home