Saturday, January 22, 2011

House arrest





I'm convinced we have the best deal going. We are staying at the Kabuki Hotel in the Japan Town neighborhood of San Francisco. We had booked a room at $90 a night, only to be voluntarily upgraded to a palatial room upon checking in. It's huge with a king-size bed, a chaise lounge, and a whirlpool bathtub. Did we get it because my husband mentioned the one reported occurrence of bedbugs? We'll probably never know.

Tonight I'm tucked into this room as I try to shake some bug I woke up with. It's a yucky stomach bug, which I initially attributed to food poisoning, but we had all eaten the same thing and I was the only one staying close to the bathroom.

I did manage to spend some time with a friend today, but my appetite and my energy had deserted me.

After dealing with MUNI and BART for what seemed like hours, I came back to our room in Hotel Kabuki, where I crashed. I'm sipping Sprite and waiting for Chinese takeout of broth and rice.

I'm really hopeful this is a 24-hour virus so that I can head off to Mendocino tomorrow with renewed appetite and energy.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Post St,San Francisco,United States

4 Comments:

Blogger Pauline said...

fell better - it's tough being sick anyhow but sick when you're not home can be ghastly.

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you feel renewed energy and health today, and that your drive up the coast fills you with fresh air, water, and vibrancy!

XO,

F.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

At least you're grounded someplace nice? Sigh. I hope you feel better!

8:10 PM  
Blogger Merle Sneed said...

My best for a speedy recovery. I love SF.

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home