Saturday, February 25, 2012




Inevitably I seem to always be searching for something. Today's quest was for a replacement of the small ceramic bird from Chile broken by our cleaning woman years ago. When I was here before I had my choice of so many artesenias in ceramic or copper. But that turned out not to be the case today.

My little bird started lots of conversations today but was not to be found anywhere. Instead we enjoyed another day of walking and eating.

There are beautiful old churches like this one on Merced all over the city.



Close by was the remains of a public telephone, with the phone replaced by graffiti. As in most of the rest of the world, mobile phones are the main source of communication.



After lunch in the neighborhood of Barrio Lastarria, we spotted this excellent graffiti and I immediately thought of my friend Steve.



By late afternoon we are now accustomed to a tea break called "onze". I bring my own tea and order a cup of agua caliente and we split dessert, which today happened to be a delicious crepe with what appeared to be Nutella (manjar) inside.






We are resting up before venturing back out to see the sun set from a hill overlooking Santiago.

Tomorrow we leave at the crack of dawn to fly south.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home