Sunday, February 19, 2006

Mystery Readers

StatCounter has told me a lot about who reads my Blog and where they live. But I am curious about a number of readers who live outside the DC area and who don’t leave comments, but who seem to visit often.

I was thrilled to get an e-mail from a woman in Australia some time back. She told me what she found interesting about my Blog. We exchanged enough personal information that I feel like I know her and I get excited when I see someone from Queensland, Australia, because I know it is Cee. I added her to my link list and continue to learn more about her through reading her Blog.

One of my most faithful readers lives in San Francisco and has a Windows 98 computer. I try so hard to picture who you are and why you keep coming back.

Then there is a new reader from Panama City, Florida. Could this be my friend FL, who might be visiting her father? If not, is it someone I grew up with? I will warn you that I am quite a different person than I was when I lived there.

I assume that any readers from Canada found my Blog through DC Cookie. But there are other people from Maryland, Iowa, Tennessee, New Jersey, and New York. Who are you?

I would really like to connect with you “mystery” readers – to find out why you read the stuff I write and if you have your own Blog so I can become one of your readers. I’m still somewhat in awe of this powerful form of connection that gives almost a feeling of family to people who are perfect strangers. I suppose in some ways it’s like my curiosity about my dead relatives whom I discover through doing genealogy. The difference is that there is still a chance to meet the living!

Leave me a comment or send me an e-mail if I don’t already know you and you are willing to do so. Or just continue to read and I will simply think of you by your state/country name. All are welcome here!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't been in PC recently. I do enjoy your BLOG. FL

10:49 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

So FL, I wonder who this PC person is? It would be so interesting to know!

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home