Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween from Chicago


Today we spent hours on the Magnificent Mile doing what we allegedly came to Chicago to do -- shopping. Ironically my only purchases were at Ann Taylor Loft, Nordstrom’s, and Border’s, stores I could just as easily visited at home.


We decided to take the El into the city today, leaving the car behind. We discovered a relic of the past in the subway station.


All day long we were reminded that it was Halloween. Shopkeepers, little children, and the general public were dressed up in celebration.



The city was in the midst of a heat wave. The streets were adorned with lovely displays of Fall flowers.



People were sitting in outdoor cafes dining as the temperature hit a high somewhere in the 70’s.


We’re definitely eating well on this trip. Last night we had Mediterranean food brought from home. Tonight we are cooking chicken with artichokes.


In a few minutes Diesel will be home from doggy daycare, reminding me of how much I miss my Jake.

And tomorrow my husband will arrive for the second purpose of our visit -- celebrating his Aunt Zelda’s 100th birthday on Sunday.

For today, Happy Halloween from Chicago!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

just took J to Sam's :-( now it's really quiet around here. spooky. looking forward to getting to the windy city and my $60 room at th s.h. home. they seem very nice - called me today to tell me which room i have and how to get anything i might need, etc. till manana...

8:16 PM  
Blogger e said...

I hope you and David have a really happy time with Aunt Zelda on Sunday!

10:09 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Dsquared -- Nice to see you visiting my Blog once again! Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. You and your harem will have to see what Chicago offers on a Saturday night after you tuck in Aunt Zelda.

E -- I'm sure it will be memorable. Everything involving Zelda is!

11:06 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Happy (belated) Halloween to you! This sounds like such a great trip.

10:34 AM  
Blogger lettuce said...

oops! left a comment about the flower-bed bird on the previous post.

is the phone box the relic of the past? We don't have them in the subway, but then i don't think we ever did in london...

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home