Friday, June 26, 2009

Shriveled



I feel just about as creatively shriveled up as one of the 25 pounds of raisins I bagged tonight. I’m really stretching hard to find anything to say here. It’s not that there’s nothing going on in my life. It’s more that I can’t really write about what is squashing my creativity.



When I was sent home from the CSA with 2 big boxes of raisins, a box of plastic bags, labels, and a scale, I would never have imagined how long it would take to create 50 one-pound bags.

In fact I only did half the raisins tonight, saving the other half for another day.

It’s not really difficult. It’s just that they are so sticky and tightly packed into the box. And getting the bag to come out to exactly one pound wasn’t so easy. Sealing the bags wasn’t easy either.



But I must have done it right because after the 25th bag, there were exactly 10 raisins left. I decided to make it seem like I came out even, so I promptly ate the evidence. I couldn’t really tell they were biodynamic raisins, but they were a very nice late-night snack.

I hope I’m feeling more like at least a big round grape tomorrow. Feeling shriveled is not so good.

4 Comments:

Blogger rachaelgking said...

Shriveled is definitely no bueno... drink lots of water! ;-)

12:17 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Good for you, getting it to come out all even like.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Gary said...

Ride the wave. The 'downs' make the 'ups' that much better.

As for raisins - I adore them.

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dry spells can be so discomfiting. Your mind knows that this won't last forever; your heart understandably just wants to get on to the next juicy phase!

XO,

F.

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home