Saturday, June 20, 2009

Yum!



This is a recipe not to share with your friends so you can be the one to repeatedly bring it and be told it is the best ever! I learned how to make it at my recent class on “Small Bites” and it has never failed to please in the 3 batches I have made.

Tarragon Chicken Pate

8 oz chicken, cooked and chopped into 1” cubes
4 oz neufchatel cheese
1 shallot, diced fine
1/2 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, finely diced
1 T butter
3 T brandy
2 T chopped tarragon
1/2 teaspoon sherry vinegar
Salt and black pepper to taste

Melt the butter in a saucepan and saute the shallot and apple together until well cooked and starting to brown. Add the brandy and ignite to burn off the alcohol (I love this step!)

Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend. Serve chilled on crackers.

We’re going to a pig roast tonight. I’m bringing this and another equally easy appetizer consisting mainly of avocado, broccoli, and lemon juice. But the pate is what people will rave about.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

Lovely. I'm not so sure that I'll ever taste it, but I can see me making it.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Kristin -- This is not a dish to delight a vegetarian unfortunately!

10:03 PM  
Blogger GEWELS said...

Can I add this to my Imagined Eating food blog?
Sounds yummy.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Feel free to add this one to your food blog. It's really good!

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home