Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Never Too Many Blooms



Yesterday I had a visitor who chose to bring me a get-well gift based on reading my Blog. How cool is that?

The beautiful pink orchid now has an equally beautiful tall amaryllis to keep it company. The blooms are exquisite and regal. It has a little green vine that seems almost like curled ribbon adorning it.



Jake says hello. He wants everyone to know that he is not doing any more wild jumping, but rather has settled into a guide dog role. He slowly follows me up and down stairs and is my constant companion. He delighted in a walk by my good friend yesterday, who found he had the pent-up energy of a dog on good behavior for 2 weeks.



P.S. My replacement camera came. It's like being reunited with an old friend!

13 Comments:

Blogger bulletholes said...

HI JAKE!
Such a smart dog!
Quite likely he as more sense than I.
Definitly better behaved.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Fire Byrd said...

What a sweetie pie.... jake that is!
x

12:11 PM  
Blogger Waterbaby said...

The flowers are very pretty, give Jake lots of hugs and kisses for being such a good dog :)

1:44 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

I consider Jake to be one of my best friends!

Water Baby -- Do you still have your cute dog?

2:25 PM  
Blogger tut-tut said...

How nice! I love amaryllis, and had one that came back for years, until I cruelly forgot it at the back of the closet.

3:03 PM  
Blogger e said...

Hi Jake,

What a handsome and devoted fellow you are!

Barbara, you are lucky to have such good friends, and the blooms are spectacular.

Jacob meows his approval.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Lovely pics. Thanks, as always, for sharing!

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww! Jake looks very sweet and patient here; I want to just reach out and pet him. Glad you have him and D as loyal and loving companions.

XO,

F.

11:09 PM  
Blogger dennis said...

Dennis thinks your dog is very soulful looking. Dennis is sure he's the type to just hang out with. Dennis is never timid around dogs.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Merle Sneed said...

My best wishes. Glad to hear that things are starting to calm down a bit for you.

9:46 AM  
Blogger lettuce said...

good old jake

and the amaryllis is beautiful
they are so stunning
(and slightly surreal)

12:19 PM  
Blogger Steve Reed said...

That amaryllis is indeed amazing. They're always so uplifting when it's cold and wintry outside.

Hi Jake!

3:52 PM  
Blogger lacochran said...

Jake is a cutie!

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home