Monday, August 30, 2010

Best meal of the day



I can never understand anyone who says “I don’t eat breakfast.”  For me it’s the best meal of the day.
I especially look forward to the egg days, which alternate between oatmeal.  Those are not just any eggs.  They are Polyface eggs from happy pasture-raised chickens who lay happy eggs.  Their yolks are an intense yellow and they stand up in pan instead of just running to the edges.
My two (medium) eggs fried in a little olive oil and a couple of pieces of homemade whole-wheat challah are definitely worth waking up for.  
I hope my cholesterol count never suggests greatly restricting my egg intake because they are one of the best foods around as far as I’m concerned.
Even Jake enjoys licking the plate when I am finished.

4 Comments:

Anonymous lr said...

YUM!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Barbara said...

LR -- Yum, indeed! My arteries are jumping for joy.

10:16 AM  
Blogger dennis said...

Dennis likes this delicious looking post. Dennis loves breakfast--always an adventure...wil it have pancakes? hash browns? yogurt ? waffles? eggs? muffins? fruit? kippers? hot cereal? cold? Bagels with lox? Such an array of good choices.
or will it be a full irish? Dennis loves sausages and pudding!
and toast! Breakfast is amazing. oh and juices and jams...

3:20 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

Dennis -- I can see you have good taste!

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home