Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Success


One of the nice surprises waiting for us when we got home was a package from Lithuania.  It was the new futon cover, which I hoped would receive a more positive reception than its predecessor.
Several months ago I posted a picture of the one with the big red flowers.  It was a popular Marimekko print that made a bold statement.  But it was just a little too bold for the space and didn’t go well with the light yellow walls.
The Bemz Company had agreed to take the big-red-flower cover back with a full refund, which I thought was very accommodating of them.  So I packed it up and mailed it back to Lithuania, where they are made.  
I wanted to make sure we were going to like the next one.  A guy named Ben in Customer Service sent me enough samples to include all the colors in Spinning Multi, our next choice.  I placed the order before we went on our trip.
In my jet-lagged state last night, I managed to put the new cover on the futon.  Everyone, including Jake, approves.  It’s still big and bold, but it’s no longer red flowers.

3 Comments:

Blogger lacochran's evil twin said...

Magnifique!

10:01 PM  
Blogger Cyndy said...

Wow, that's pretty! And it looks really nice with the wall color too.

1:49 AM  
Blogger Steve Reed said...

It looks great! I liked the red flowers too, but this is definitely a little more subtle, while still fun.

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home